Our goal is always to improve the quality of life for clients served by the HDC, and the surrounding community, even in the face of financial challenges.
We rely on generous donors and volunteers from the community and university settings to help us create more appealing environments by donating their time, materials, furnishings, and landscaping supplies. We welcome volunteers from the community who can offer their services of time to help wuth our constant beautification efforts at our community group homes.
Current Beautification Projects :
COMPLETED June 2017- Clubhouse Thanks to generous donations from our 2016 Holiday Heroes Campaign we were able to create a clubhouse at Seffner where all three group homes residents are able to go to relax, play games and socialize.
COMPLETED July -2017- Seffner Grill- Built a permanent concrete grill at Seffner for all three homes and clients to enjoy cookouts, and socializing throughout the year.
JULY 2017-Fencing- Repairing existing fencing and providing each of the three homes with an additional privacy fence
AUGUST 2017- Seffner planting of Jasmine outside & along the fencing along Stark road
COMPLETED July 2017-.Group Home Annex – We completely renovated from drywall to both bedrooms and bathroom in the annex. Current needs: Landscaping, patio and backyard revitalization
SEPTEMBER 2017- Pool area revitalization and complete home revitalization courtesy of the Paul Moore Foundation
Some highlights from the past five years:
- We purchased and renovated a beautiful 3600 square foot home
- Upgraded landscaping at each setting
- “Reflections Pond” was created by clients, staff and local university students and dedicated in memory of one of HDC’s long term board members
- Repainted all facilities
- Renovated kitchens at all homes,including creating a training kitchen for the Adult Day Training (ADT) program
- Replaced all air conditioner units
- Replaced all flooring
- Updated most bathrooms (our goal is to have all bathrooms updated by next year)
- Replaced the majority of windows, exceeding safety requirements
- Improved curb appeal
- Added new decks and additional living & storage space, upgraded backyard settings, including a pool deck
- Renovated the honors club house, and ball fields
TAMPA COMMUNITY GROUP HOMES
Terrace Place House
ADULT DAY TRAINING/GREEN HOUSE/NURSERY
ADMINISTRATIVE & CLINICAL OFFICES
3809 North Tampa Street.
Tampa, FL 33603
Phone: (813) 872-6250
Fax: (813) 872-6078
The HDC Administrative and Clinical office will be moving to the 3809 North Tampa Street location. The Armenia location and Thrift Shop will be closing.