Valeria Parejo, M.S, BCBA, is one of the clinical supervisors for HDC’s Behavior team. Ms. Parejo’s current responsibilities include providing behavior analytic services to the clients receiving Supported Living services or Residential Habilitation with Behavior Focus, as well as mentoring HDC’s behavior analysts-in-training.
Ms. Parejo earned her BA in Psychology with a concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis and Latin American and Caribbean Studies from the University of South Florida in 2003. She joined the Behavior Team at HDC after graduation as a behavior specialist and became a Behavior Analyst in 2004, after receiving her Board Certification (BCABA). While working at HDC, she attended the graduate program in Applied Behavior Analysis at the Florida Institute of Technology, earning her M.S. degree in 2006. She became a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) later that year.
Ms. Parejo’s research interests include
- Cross-cultural behavior analysis
- Service delivery to non-English speaking clients and families
- OBM and staff performance in clinical settings, as it relates to the delivery of behavior analytic treatment
- Parent training
- Generalization of behavioral procedures such as token economies in naturalistic settings such as Supported Living or family homes
- Behavior Analytic approach to treating sexual offenders
Ms. Parejo is currently a member of the Local Review Committee for Hillsborough and Manatee Counties of the Suncoast Region (LRC), the Bay Area Association for Behavior Analysis (BAABA), the Florida Association for Behavior Analysis (FABA), and the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI).